WordPress Theme Review: Pluto – Responsive Portfolio WordPress Theme
Pluto is “not” a small planet composed of rock and ice , it is a Responsive WordPress Theme that can be a great choice for a portfolio website, a blog, a corporate site or a creative agency. It is a stylish and colorful layout, just perfect to showcase your latest digital works or to represent your agency. We’ve decided to have a closer look to its key features and appearance, as Portfolio WordPress Themes have an increased interest over the past months.
Visual appearance and structure
Pluto has 10 predefined web pages already created, with the possibility to add new pages with all existing components of the layout. These pages are:
- Home page - comprising the image slider, filterable portfolio, testimonials, “our clients” area, social media profiles and custom widgets
- Portfolio – with list and grid view of different portfolio categories and a beautiful animation effect on selection
- Single Project – the page with detailed info about the particular portfolio item and related projects
- Full width page – a full width page without sidebars, filled with textual content and graphical elements
- Page with sidebar – a page with sidebar and customizable options regarding it.
- Blog - with latest posts, categories, sidebar gallery and recent works
- Single post – blog post with all functionalities included and the possibility to add featured image and video
- 404 page – a custom 404 not found page
- Contact - AJAX Contact form with contact details and location on map
The theme is customizable and allows you to change its appearance right after its installation. You can select your preferred title and tagline, site color, background, logo, favicon and much more. All these can be managed from theme’s customization panel or from Appearance/widgets areas in WordPress.
Pluto is a Multipurpose WordPress Theme, so it comprises a rich set of features, intended to offer a highly customizable layout. Whether you want to integrate it on you blog or company website, you’ll be able to make it very personalized. Here are some built-in features that will help you perform that:
- Responsive design – the design looks great and fits ideally on all desktos, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The elements of the layout are adjusting and resizing according to your screen resolution, providing a unique user experience across many devices.
- Home page slideshow – a stylish image slider with smooth CSS3 transition effects. A great spot to highlight the most relevant content of your page and to capture users’ attention.
- Social media profiles – you can easily add your social media profiles and integrate your latest feeds into this layout. All major social media networks supported: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, Dribble, Flickr.
- Filterable/animated portfolio – with awesome animation for different categories of your portfolio + beautiful transition effects for single projects.
- 7 custom widgets to better fit the aesthetics of the design and add extra functionalities to your site:
- Popular Posts
- Recent Posts
- Twitter feed
- Youtube Video
- Vimeo Video
- Flickr photostream
- Contact details
- Google Web Fonts – the styled typography of this templates is fulfilled by beautiful and readable Google Fonts
- Built-in Shortcodes – there are a lot of predefined shorcodes to facilitate the creation of new components like testimonials, portfolio, map, slider and more, without advanced knowledge of programming.
- Ajax Contact Form – allows users to send all their inputs without reloading the webpage. It makes your contact form an easy element for feedback.
- HTML5/CSS3 – the template was created using the latest CSS3 techniques, which adds awesome visual effects, styles, spacing to your content and HTML5 with full support for the latest multimedia features.
- Well documented – the theme comes with rich documentation, that will help you easily install and customize it for your personal needs.
The bottom line
If you need a creative design for your website with a responsive layout, beautiful portfolio, a rich set of features and you don’t want to deal with advanced programming for setting it up, than this template is definitely for you. It is probably the best choice for photographers, small businesses, creative agencies, bloggers or corporate sites. Will you consider adding it to your site? Leave your comments below.